Al Tibbetts is a founding partner of Butler Tibbetts. His practice is focused on real estate, zoning and land use, small business formation, and estate planning matters. A past president of the Darien Chamber of Commerce and past board member of the Darien Zoning Board of Appeals, Al brings a wealth of civic leadership experience to his real estate transactional work. Currently, Al is a board member of the New Canaan Land Trust.
Al is recognized as a local expert on real estate, zoning and land use, and residential mortgage financing. He knows the best way is not always the easiest way and his clients look to him for his encyclopedic knowledge of building codes, municipal agencies, and a keen understanding of how to resolve real estate matters often fraught with obstacles and challenges. Al relies on decades of on-the-ground, insider experience to make things happen for his clients in an efficient and timely manner. He regards all of his client relationships as personal relationships.
An active member of the Darien community, Al has served in leadership positions for numerous nonprofit organizations impacting underserved populations across Connecticut and beyond, including the Darien Arts Center, Kids Empowered by Your Support (KEYS), and Turning Wine Into Water. Al formerly served as a Justice of the Peace.
Professional Associations & Trainings
- Darien Chamber of Commerce, Past President, current Executive Board Member
- New Canaan Land Trust Board of Directors, Member
- Darien Arts Center, Former Board Member
- Darien Zoning Board of Appeals, Board Member, 1999-2013
- Kids Empowered by Your Support (K.E.Y.S, Inc.), Board Member, 2004-2015
- New Canaan Land Trust, Board Member
- Turning Wine Into Water, Inc., Former Board Member