Meredith McBride helps clients reframe how they think about the process of separation. A trusted and thoughtful counselor, her practice is focused primarily on high net worth divorce, custody and visitation issues, asset and property division, and mediation. Her clients include individuals, families, and professionals.
Meredith handles all aspects of divorce and custody matters with discretion, sensitivity, and a deep understanding of how delicate these matters can be. She has developed a particular niche in collaborative divorce for clients seeking to avoid a courtroom experience in favor of a more amicable separation focused on outcomes that address the needs of the whole family. When adversarial conditions do arise, Meredith is highly skilled and trial-ready, with extensive experience in the courtroom.
In addition to her divorce and family law practice, Meredith also provides counsel to hospitals, health systems, and physician groups in managed care litigation, payor disputes, regulatory compliance, and other matters.
Divorce & Family: Favorable Judgment and Settlement
Part of a trial team that obtained favorable judgment, including marital assets, real property, ongoing financial support, as well as attorney’s fees, on behalf of wife in a complex divorce proceeding. Also represented wife in settlement negotiations and post-judgment matters and prevailed on appeal.
Divorce & Family: Favorable Financial Settlement and Custody Agreement
Secured favorable financial settlement and custody agreement on behalf of wife in a complex, protracted proceeding, effectively avoiding trial and further hardship for all involved parties, including prior counsel.
Healthcare: Takeback Claim
Represented physician group in a nearly $1 million takeback claim, disputing both the grounds and the calculation of the determination and resolving the matter for less than 5% of the alleged overpayment amount.
Highlights & Insights
- Selected by the Connecticut Law Tribune and http://Law.com for inclusion in the New England Legal Awards, New Leaders in the Law, 2023
- Selected for the Super Lawyers Connecticut Rising Stars List, 2020-2022
- Named one of Connecticut’s 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys (AIFLA), 2018-2019
- Recognized by Lawyers of Distinction for Excellence in Family and Divorce Law, 2018-2019
- Collaborative Law with DV Cases: Could You? Should You?, American Bar Association, 2022
- ODR in the Era of COVID-19, American Bar Association, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Article, 2020
- Firearms and Domestic Violence: An Intersection that Challenges Safety and Pre-Suppositions, Session Panelist, American Bar Association, 2019
- Converting to the Cloud – Stormy Weather and Silver Linings, American Bar Association, Family Law Section Newsletter, 2019
- Lead Counsel Rated
Professional Associations & Trainings
- American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Alimony & Spousal Support Committee, Member
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Committee, Member
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Chair, 2021-2022; Vice Chair, 2019
- Liaison to Standing Committee on Gun Violence, 2018-present
- Liaison to the Dispute Resolution Section, 2021-2022
- Law Practice Management/Technology Committee, Vice Chair, 2018-2019
- American Bar Association, Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute, 2022
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Family Law Section, Executive Committee, 2018-present
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Family Law Co-Chair, 2018-2019
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Committee, Health Law Co-Chair, 2019-2020
- Connecticut Judicial Branch Attorney for the Minor Child/Guardian Ad Litem Training
- Fairfield County Bar Association
- Family Law Committee, Member
- Health Law Committee, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Trainers and Mosten Guthrie Academy, Building a Satisfying Collaborative Practice, 2022
- Tampa Bay Collaborative Trainers, Introductory Interdisciplinary Collaborative Family Law Training, 2022
- Alzheimer’s Association Connecticut Chapter; Celebrating Hope and Walk to End Alzheimer’s Committees, 2016 Class of Women’s Champions, Member
- Junior League of Stamford-Norwalk
- Stamford Family Volunteer Program
- YWCA of Darien/Norwalk
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut