Tim Butler serves as Managing Partner for Butler Tibbetts. A strategic and compassionate leader, he is dedicated to fostering the firm’s culture of quality and care to help nurture meaningful client relationships. Tim works closely with every member of the Butler Tibbetts team, providing mentorship, leveraging their collective strengths, and actively encouraging the kind of entrepreneurial spirit that sparks new ideas and creative solutions.
Building on the decades-long experience of his own successful litigation and corporate practices, Tim leads a formidable group of lawyers and professionals handling some of the most sophisticated legal work in the state. He has successfully argued cases in front of the Connecticut Supreme Court, as well New York and Federal Appellate Courts. His depth of experience and intimate, nimble approach helps fine-tune the firm’s offerings for every matter, carefully adjusting the strategy to meet unique client needs and situations.
Known for his personal investment in clients and their concerns, he is a highly respected healthcare lawyer by clients and colleagues alike, representing hospitals, health systems, and physician groups in managed care litigation and provider-payor contract disputes. Tim is also a trusted business advisor, providing counsel on all aspects of business structuring and management and strategic planning, as well as mergers, acquisitions, and sales.
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- American Bar Association; Health Law and Law Practice Management Sections, Member
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- United States District Court of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Eighth Circuits